From time immemorial, hair rollers have been used in some form or the other to get curls and waves. Women in Ancient Egypt and Rome used to resort to heating irons and curling tongs, but today all that has changed- hair rollers are easy to use and you can get the hairstyles that you want- quickly and simply. In just minutes, your straight hair is transformed into elegant, bouncy curls, waves or long-lasting ringlets, and that too, with no hassle at all.
Let’s take a look at the types of hair rollers available
Hot Hair Rollers
If you want curly hair quickly, hot hair rollers are the way to go- the best part of these rollers is that just by changing the size of the roller and altering the way you roll your hair, you can create a different look each time. You just have to clip in the heated rollers and get those curls that you longed for. There are plenty of hot curlers in the market that can curl, steam condition and even style your hair.
This gives you a head full of curls in a short span of time and with minimum effort on your part. Its ion technology is responsible for that gorgeous style- the PTC heating element is incorporated in the rollers itself, enabling them to heat quickly and stay hot for a longer duration.
- consists of a blow dry primer that helps faster styling
- top notch hair rollers with quality teeth with soft tips that grip firmly- minimizing tangling
- contains 12 butterfly hair clips and the roller comes in a strong, portable case and a simple guide
2. Foam curlers
Also known as sponge hair rollers, these are useful for creating ringlets sans the heat styling. Hair rolled in small sections and clipped in place produces beautiful ringlets overnight.
- is easy to use on damp hair of any type or texture
- clips allow for tight, defined curls
- not uncomfortable to sleep in
- prevents breakage and splitting
- produces curls of the same size and shape
These are plastic hair rollers that have a Velcro pad at the top- this arrangement ensures longer, firmer curls that stay intact for a longer time. Increases volume of hair while setting your curls.
- allows for easy setting with rollers as no pins or clips are needed
- larger rollers produce full soft loose curls
- good for all hair types and textures
- can be used on wet or dry hair
- rollers are lightweight and comfortable
Steam hair rollers
Just like hot rollers but with steam added to help set curls. Steam helps curls set strongly and makes them last longer.
The Caruso Professional Molecular patented rollers – 11$
- allows breathing space between foam and shield – helps in faster evaporation and tighter curls
- foam rollers are infused with gentle, steamed moisture
- ideal for any type of hair
These have been around for long and are still effective in creating curls without having to use clips or pins. Needs to be used on wet and untangled hair if you want tight, coiled curls. The rods are available in all sizes and shapes.
- comes with 42 foam rods that are easy to use
- heatless way to a head of curly hair
- easy and effortless to use
- comes with a zipper carry case
- assorted colors and sizes
Ceramic hair rollers
These can be used to create soft, voluminous curls that last long. Ideal for hair that’s damaged, prone to frizz. These rollers release negative ions that neutralize frizz and static.
- simplifies the curl process, minimizes frizz and heat damage
- set of 20 rollers creates a head full of curls
- led indicator to announce readiness
- helps reduce creases in the curls
- long lasting style and sets curls in a short time
- easy storing
Magnetic hair rollers
These are great for those with very little experience in hair rolling. An easy magnetic snap closure makes things very easy for users. They wrap faster and easily and static electricity ensures that the hair stays in place.
- consists of 12 rollers that hold and lock curls in place
- no pins or clips required
- made from good quality material that’s unbreakable
Brush hair rollers
These brush hair rollers give you a salon look each time you use them. The bristles on the surface help keep hair smooth and locks it in. Just a few hours will produce smooth, silky curls.
- easy to use
- available in different sizes
- creates tight curls